Terms and Conditions of Training - Tilston Training Ltd
The terms and conditions listed below form a contract between the customer booking the training course ‘the Customer’ and Tilston Training Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under number 11531417 whose registered office address is Accsol House, Johnstown, Wrexham LL142SH, known as the ‘Company. The Company’s address for all communications (including complaints) is The Smithy, Chapel lane, Llay, Wrexham. LL120PA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms apply to all training courses provided by Tilston Training Ltd to any customer.
- A non-refundable booking fee is required to book our services. The amount of the fee varies depending on the service/course required.
- All booking fees are non-refundable.
- Final course fees must be paid in full on or before the date stipulated on an invoice from the Company unless other arrangements have been previously agreed with the Company.
- Course cancellations must be made by the Customer in writing to the Company. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted.
- Any course cancellation (including illness and injury of any kind) made by the Customer less than 14 days prior to commencement of a course will result in all course fees being forfeited. However, in exceptional circumstances, and at the discretion of the Company Management, all or part of monies paid (excluding test/exam fees) may be transferrable to an alternative training date.
- Any cancellation or amendment of theory test booking less than 7 days prior to test will result in test fees being forfeited. This reflects the DVSA policy.
- Payments for retests are required in full at the time of booking.
- Customers who do not complete their purchased courses within 12 months of the initial purchase date will still be permitted to complete the course as purchased but Customers will forfeit all rights to the above refund request procedure and refunds will not be permitted. The course fees are non-transferrable.
- Any vouchers purchased from Tilston Training Ltd have an expiry date of up to 365 days from the date of purchase. Vouchers are none refundable in part or in full but may be transferred to another training course offered by Tilston Training Ltd within the 365 day period at the discretion of the Company Management.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate any training booked by the Customer if fees are not paid in full before the start date.
- Any variations to the joining instructions, course date, time of attendance which will be made in writing by the Company to the Customer. The Company will make all efforts to keep the original agreed course confirmation, however in the event of a course cancellation imposed by the Company, the customer will be offered the next available course.
- All customers are informed of our terms and conditions which are readily available from our website and head office. All Customers are deemed to have read them before requesting our services or products.
- No estimate or assessment of training required by a trainee to reach any necessary test standard may be considered to be in any way a guarantee that the trainee will meet this standard at the end of the suggested training time.
- Customers who are considered by the Company Management or Staff to be under the influence of drink or drugs will have their course terminated and any course and test fees forfeited.
- All customers undertaking any of the Company’s training courses are required to adhere to any notices or instructions given to them by any member of the Company’s staff.
- Where external examinations have been arranged for the Customer by the Company, the Company accepts no liability for the accuracy of Customer details should a dispute arise with the external examination body. Every effort is made to ensure course notes, presentations and any relevant tuition material is correct at the time of print, the Company does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions.
- The Company will not be held responsible for the loss of personal items left in the vehicle or on the Company’s premises.
- The Company cannot be responsible for any theory or practical test being cancelled by the DVSA. The customer will be charged for an additional 4 hour session for vehicle hire which can be reclaimed by the Customer from the DVSA and is the responsibility of the Customer.
- Should the DVSA cancel a practical test then all efforts will be made to arrange a retest for the Customer as soon as possible.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate the training course at any time if the Company deems the Customer presents a danger to themselves or others who may be affected by their acts or omissions and the full fees will be forfeited.
- In the event of mechanical breakdown, the Company will provide additional training equal to the amount of time lost.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Company vehicles or premises.
- It is solely the Customer’s responsibility to produce their current driving licence and any certificates when requested by the DVSA Driving Examiner at the time of driving test commencement. Failure to do so will result in test fees being lost a retest required and additional training will be at the Customer’s expense.
- Where our contract with the Customer is to provide training only, it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure the vehicle they present for test is suitable for test and training purposes and is fully covered by a valid policy of insurance that satisfies the requirements of the relevant legislation. Failure to comply with this clause will lead to termination of the course and all course/test fees will be forfeited.
- If a customer is banned from driving during a course, all monies paid will be forfeited.
- A customer who fails their test will be required to sit a minimum of 4 hours additional training before sitting the next test.
- All Customers must comply with their legal responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- For Insurance and safety purposes. All vehicles have dash cams fitted - they record both visual and audio. They will not normally be reviewed unless an incident occurs which needs further evidence.
- A training day is normally based on 6 hours training. For the health and safety of both the Customer and the Instructor, there may be a total break of 45 minutes in a 6 hour session.
- Should training time be lost due to weather, traffic conditions or actions outside of the Company’s control (for example industrial action) the Company will do its upmost to provide additional time. Any training time added to an instruction period following an adverse weather cancellation or actions outside the Company’s control will be charged at the normal rate.
- Should a Customer wish to make a complaint about the Company, then this must be made in writing and sent to the Company, by recorded delivery within 7 days of the course ending. All complaints will be dealt with as per the company complaints handling procedure.
- Abusive behaviour towards Company staff will not be tolerated. Customers will have their training terminated immediately with all fees being forfeited.
Further legal action may also be taken.
Updated December 2021.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancelations must be received in writing no later than 14 days before the course commences to receive a full course refund minus the none refundable booking fee. Cancelations made within the 14 days of the commencement of the course then all course fees will remain payable in full at the discretion of the management of Tilston Training Ltd.
Vouchers are only valid for 365 days from the date of purchase are none refundable but may be transferable to an alternative course run by Tilston Training Ltd. within the 365 day period by the discretion of the management of Tilston Training Ltd.
It is the Customers responsibility to ensure they are eligible for the course they have booked. If you book or complete a course and you are not eligible your course will not be valid but you will still have to pay in full.